Monday, August 18, 2008

Challenges in Life!

All of us experience major and minor life challenges. How we handle these struggles on a daily basis determines our physical, as well as our mental well-being. It takes only a single event to convince us we have no control over our circumstances. . Our problems pressure us from every side, threatening to crush or break us. Life challenges enable us to see ourselves at our best and our worst. We may attempt to temporarily escape our circumstances, falling into alcohol or drug addiction. Others find themselves overwhelmed, and out control and try to commit suicide. We face our greatest life challenges when we struggle to find love, security, and assurance that life truly has meaning. When we develop a personal relationship with the One who created us, we discover how God wants us to respond in any given situation.
By placing our faith in God, we take our hands off our problems. “I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold” (Psalm 18:1-2). God gave us His Son, Jesus Christ, to reach beyond time, life’s challenges, and even death to save us.

No comments: